We collect information from and about you.
We gather various types of information about you, encompassing contact details. To illustrate, when you register on our website or within our application, we may acquire your name and residential address. Additionally, we could collect your phone number or email address. If you opt to invite friends to download our app, we will obtain their email addresses. Furthermore, we accumulate information you submit or post, including content shared in public spaces on our platform or when you reach out to us. Demographic data such as gender, age, date of birth, marital status, and zip code may also be collected, often in the context of your interactions with us or participation in promotions.
Furthermore, the specifics of the information we collect can vary based on your expressed interests. For instance, if you seek information about car insurance, we will gather additional details related to your vehicle. In the case of home insurance inquiries, we’ll collect information regarding your homeowner status and property details. If you’re interested in life insurance, we’ll delve into aspects like your occupation, physical activity level, veteran status, tobacco usage, DUI history, height, weight, and medical history. We may also inquire about your current insurance coverage.
In addition to this, we compile data related to your usage patterns and device/location information. When using our website, we might collect information about your browser and track your online journey from other websites to ours. On our app, we may access information about your location, including saved locations, and this could entail precise location data. Various technologies, including GPS and Wi-Fi, may be employed to gather this information. If you use our mobile app, we may access your device’s location information in the background and also collect device identifiers.
Furthermore, when you utilize our app, we record details about your driving habits, often utilizing your device’s location services, accelerometer, screen status, and gyroscope. You may even choose to grant us access to your device contact lists or social media contact lists. It’s worth noting that our app may record driving habits even when you are not the driver, as it may not always be able to distinguish between driver and passenger roles.
We Collect information in different ways:
- Direct Collection: We gather information directly from you through various means. For instance, when you use our website, request insurance details, or register for our app, we collect pertinent information. Additionally, should you reach out to us, we acquire data from that interaction. In some cases, you may have the option to share a picture of your driver’s license barcode, which we utilize to gather information from third-party providers. For more details, please refer to the section below titled “We may share information with third parties.”
- Passive Collection: We also engage in passive information gathering using tracking tools such as browser cookies and web beacons. These tools are employed on our websites and in the emails we send to you. Over time, we accumulate data about your interactions with our website. It’s worth noting that third parties may also employ these tools to gather personal information. You can learn more about these tools and how to manage them [here](insert link).
- Mobile App Data Collection: Information is also collected through our mobile apps, encompassing details about your device, including its unique identifiers such as device and app IDs. If you have enabled location services for our app, we collect this information in the background, even when the app is not actively in use on your device.
- Third-Party Data Sources: We obtain information from third parties, such as our business partners. This information may include contact details, demographic information, and other personal data. These third-party sources can include insurance providers, credit reporting agencies, and other data-oriented companies. Additionally, social media platforms may provide us with relevant information about you.
- Data Combination: To enhance our understanding of you, we combine information from various sources. For instance, we might integrate data obtained from third parties with information we already have. Furthermore, we may amalgamate data collected from you across our different platforms. Additionally, we may obtain information about your online activities and interests based on the websites you have visited.
We use information as disclosed and described here:
- Response to Requests and Inquiries: Your information is employed to address your requests or queries. This encompasses selecting and presenting you with details about insurance products of potential interest in collaboration with our business partners. Additionally, we may utilize your information to respond to the feedback you provide and to inform you in the event of contests or sweepstakes victories.
- Product and Service Enhancement: We leverage the information to improve our products and services, enhancing our website and products. Furthermore, we may tailor your experience with us based on this information.
- Security Purposes: Information is used to ensure the security of our company, customers, websites, and apps.
- Marketing and Communications: We employ the information for marketing purposes, which may include furnishing you with product information, special offers, and advertisements. These communications may originate from insurance providers or third parties. We may also inform you about new features, updates, and serve you ads related to products and offers. By providing your email address and/or phone number, you authorize us to periodically contact you, potentially using auto-dialers and pre-recorded messages, regarding quote requests, our website, app, services, and information or offers we believe may interest you. To explore your options regarding these communications, please review our choices.
- Communication with You: We use the information to engage with you, addressing matters related to your account, our relationship, feedback, our policies, and terms. We may also employ push notifications, both through browsers and mobile apps, to communicate insurance-related offers, service updates, friend requests, and other relevant notifications.
- Calculation of Driving Score: If you use our app, we allow Cambridge Mobile Telematics (CMT) to gather data about your driving habits, which is presented as a “driving score” within the app. This driving habit data may also be shared with our business partners who create a distinct “risk score” using their proprietary algorithms. This risk score, along with your device’s ID and state of residence, is used by us and our partners to tailor insurance product and service offers within the app. Please note that your score may encompass trips where you are not the driver, as the app may not always discern your role.
- Other Legal or Notified Purposes: We may use the information as permitted by applicable laws or as notified to you.
In all instances, your data is handled in accordance with our policies and the applicable legal requirements.
We may share information with third parties.
- Service Providers: Information may be shared with third-party service providers who carry out tasks on our behalf. For instance, we may share information with vendors responsible for sending emails on our behalf. Additionally, we may collaborate with companies that manage our websites, apps, or promotional activities.
- Driving Information: If you use our app, your driving data may be collected by Cambridge Mobile Telematics (CMT) and shared with both us and our third-party marketing partners. This data encompasses your GPS location, accelerometer and gyroscope data, as well as timestamps. Our business partners and other third parties may use this shared information to communicate with you about their products and services through various channels like telephone, text, fax, mail, or email.
- Sharing with Insurance Companies: If you use our website or app, we may share your provided information, including name, address, email, telephone number, and date of birth (either provided by you or obtained from third-party sources), with insurance companies or intermediaries who may, in turn, use this data to offer insurance quotes. These insurance companies may verify your information through consumer reporting agencies, which may include checking your driving record and credit score for eligibility and rate calculations. Additionally, if you use our app, the information provided to insurance companies, whether directly by us or via third parties, may include your driving history, “driving score,” and “risk score” as computed by us or other third parties, as explained in the section titled “We use your information to calculate a driving score.” If you purchase insurance from a third party, based in part on your driving habits obtained through us or CMT, we may continue sharing your driving data with this third party unless you instruct us otherwise. This data may be further shared with your insurance provider during the policy term.
- Legal Compliance and Protection: We will share information if we believe it is necessary to comply with legal obligations or safeguard our interests. This includes sharing information in response to court orders, subpoenas, or requests from government agencies or investigative bodies. Such sharing may encompass information relevant to accident investigations, litigation, or similar legal matters.
We may disclose information in the following situations:
- Fraud Investigation: Information sharing might occur during investigations into potential fraudulent activities.
- Business Transition: In the event of a transfer of all or part of our business, we may share information with the successor entity. For example, if we sell a portion of our business, our customer list may be included as part of that transaction.
- Sharing with Other Users: Certain aspects of your information may be visible to other users. When using the app, details like your username, profile picture, driving score and rank, and city or town of residence will be publicly viewable by others. You can also choose to share specific driving habits and trips with your friends, but we won’t share this information without your consent.
You have control over how we utilize your information:
- Marketing Preferences: You can opt out of receiving marketing emails from us. To discontinue receiving promotional emails, you can contact customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow the instructions provided in any promotional message you receive from us. Please note that even if you opt out of marketing messages, you will still receive transactional messages, including responses to your inquiries.
- Marketing Communications from Business Partners: If you opt out of marketing communications from business partners with whom we have shared your information, you will still receive marketing messages from us and any other business partners with whom your information has been shared.
- Third-Party Information Sharing: You can request that we stop sharing your information with third parties for their marketing purposes by contacting us at email@example.com
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, certain rights regarding your personal information are granted to you under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) (California Civil Code Section 1798.100 et seq.) and the “Shine the Light” Law (California Civil Code Section 1798.83). This section is applicable to California residents and outlines additional disclosures concerning the collection, use, disclosure, and sale of personal information.
Collection and Use of Personal Information:
Over the past 12 months, we have collected various categories of personal information, including identifiers, as well as the categories of personal information mentioned in subdivision (e) of Section 1798.80. This encompasses financial information, commercial data, biometric data, internet or other electronic network activity data, geolocation information, professional or employment-related data, education data, and inferences derived from any of the identified information sources. For specific details on the information we collect and its sources, please refer to the “We collect information from and about you” and “We collect information in different ways” sections above. The collection of personal information serves the business and commercial purposes described in the “We use information as disclosed and described” section above.
Disclosure of Personal Information:
We may share your personal information with third parties, as detailed in the “We may share information with third parties” section above. In the preceding 12 months, we might have disclosed various categories of personal information for business or commercial purposes. These categories include identifiers, and the categories of personal information as outlined in subdivision (e) of Section 1798.80. This includes financial information, commercial data, biometric data, internet or other electronic network activity data, geolocation information, professional or employment-related data, education data, and inferences drawn from any of the mentioned information categories.
Sale of Personal Information:
California law necessitates that we provide transparency regarding the “sale” of personal information, which, according to the CCPA, refers to instances where personal information is shared with third parties in exchange for valuable consideration.
Over the past 12 months, we have “transferred” or shared the following categories of personal information: identifiers, the categories of personal information mentioned in subdivision (e) of Section 1798.80, which encompass financial details, commercial data, biometric data, internet or other electronic network activity data, geolocation information, professional or employment-related data, education data, and inferences derived from any of the aforementioned information sources. California residents who are at least 16 years old have the option to opt out of these data transfers at any time. It’s important to note that we do not knowingly transfer personal information about individuals under the age of 16. For more information on how we handle information transfers and to make an opt-out request, please visit our “Do Not Sell My Info” webpage.
Your Rights as a Consumer:
If you are a California resident, you hold certain rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). These rights include the ability to:
- Request more details about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected, transferred, or disclosed for business purposes over the past 12 months.
- Request the deletion of your personal information.
- Opt out of the transfer of your personal information, if applicable.
- Be free from discrimination for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
You can make these requests by submitting a request through our provided form or by contacting us by phone. To opt out of data transfers, please visit our “Do Not Sell My Info” webpage. We will verify your request by confirming at least two pieces of personal information, including your contact details, that you provided when submitting your request. If you wish to designate an authorized agent to act on your behalf to exercise these rights, please send an email with your request to..
We store information within the United States, and it may be maintained in our systems located there. If you reside outside the United States, please be aware that by using our services, you are consenting to the transfer of your information to the United States. Our platforms are governed by U.S. laws, which may not offer the same level of data protection as those in your home country.
Additionally, our site may serve third-party content that uses its own cookies or tracking technologies. We do not have control over the utilization of these technologies.
If you have any inquiries or concerns, please feel free to contact us for more information. You can reach us via email at [insert email address] or through postal mail at 88 Brooklyn Gold Street, NY, USA, with global delivery centers located across Asia and the USA.
We may make updates to this policy from time to time. In such cases, we will inform you through email or a notice on our website or app, as required by applicable laws. An updated version of our policy will also be posted on our website. We encourage you to periodically check our site for any policy updates.
© 2022 Quotes on Click. All rights reserved.